Going Vegan For Lent?
Yesterday’s conversation about eating for Lent got quite lively, and very informative. Isis jumped in and gave us her suggestions for good, easy vegan meals – she didn’t provide recipes, but they all seem easy to prepare.
Shall we all use our imaginations?
Isis’ Veganism-For-Lent Roundup
• Black bean-garbanzo-tomato chili
• Layers of tomatoes & zucchini sprinkled with dill, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper
• Red beans and rice
• Barley, lentils and mushrooms simmered in veggie broth until fluffed up
• Pureed butternut squash with salsa, green chillies and black beans in tortillas with or without vegan ‘cheese’
• Tomatoes, black olives, basil and garlic with penne pasta
• Sweet potatoes, black beans and corn with cilantro and cumin
• Balsamic-glazed Portobello mushroom caps with tomatoes, basil, garlic and olive oil