10 Ways to Bring the Pantone Color of the Year into the Kitchen
Green! Greenery is the Pantone Color of the Year and the unofficial color of March. And because it comes in all sorts of shades — from lime to emerald and everything in between — there’s sure to be something here for everyone.
Here’s how you can bring more of this rich hue into your own kitchen.
- Tal Chair, $102 for two at Overstock: Rest easy knowing these dining chairs will brighten up your kitchen.
- Umbra Tub Dish Drying Rack, $17: This dish rack might remind you to use less water when you wash dishes. Because it’s green. Get it?
- Utensil Crock, $45 at Fiesta Factory Direct: The color of this crock is technically called shamrock, making it a perfectly appropriate March find.
- Dualit Lime Green 4-Slice Toaster, $320 at Sur la Table: For people who happen to be serious about toast, this small-but-mighty guy can make four slices at once.
- 5-Speed Diamond Blender, $160 at KitchenAid: You know KitchenAid’s famous stand mixer comes in a ton of colors, but did you know their heavy-duty blender comes in green apple?
- Tahiti Duo Spring Salt and Pepper Mill Set, $58: Okay, so one of the items in this set is yellow, but how cute do they look together?
- Green Rectangular Lacquer Serving Tray, $25 at World Market: Use this tray to serve brunch or just set it on your counter and let it hold some odds and ends.
- Rhom Trivet, $22 at Amara: This trivet is almost too cool to cover with a hot casserole dish.
- Elly, $4 for four at IKEA: At just four bucks a pack, you can afford to load up on a bunch to use as hand towels and dish rags.
- Metal Colander, $18: Rinse up to three quarts of berries at once in this colander. When you’re not using it for washing, it’s totally cute enough to sit out on your counter.