It's Gluten-Free Week at The Kitchn and we've done a lot this week (and previously) on gluten-free baking. Baking is probably the most difficult thing to adapt to in gluten-free cooking, and we're always looking for ways to improve our skills in this area. Here's a look at some of our past discussions on gluten-free baking, as well as some of our favorite yummy baked recipes.
First, The Basics
Gluten-Free Baking Ingredients
• Gluten-Free Baking: How to Make An Easy Flour Substitute
• Gluten-Free Flour Substitutes: Which One Is Your Favorite?
• Coconut Flour: Is This the Best Gluten-Free Flour?
• What's the Deal with Xanthan Gum?
• The Oat Conundrum: Are Oats Gluten-Free?
• Ingredient Spotlight: Buckwheat Flour
• Cocoa to Cornstarch: Are These 10 Ingredients Gluten-Free?
• Good News! King Arthur Now Carries Gluten-Free Flours
Gluten-Free Baking Tips & Discussions
• Can You Recommend Good Gluten-Free Resources?
• What Are Good Recipes for Gluten-Free Tart Dough?
• What Are Some Good Wheat-Free Recipes for Gifting?
• Holiday Cooking and Baking Without Sugar or Flour?
• The High Cost of Celiac Diets
• Good Question: Gluten-Free Baking
Recipes for Gluten-Free Baked Goodies
• Chocolate Cupcakes (Vegan! Gluten-Free!) & Coconut Icing
• Internet Sensation: The No-Flour, No-Butter Peanut Butter Cookies Revisited
• Recipe Review: Gluten-Free Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
• Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipe: Apple-Cinnamon Toastie
• Sweet Recipe: Gluten-Free Cherry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
• Gluten-Free Chocolate Whoopie Pies & Marshmallow Cream
• Gluten-Free Dessert Recipe: Marking's Bibingka
• Recipe: Peanut Butter Oatmeal Monster Cookies
• Recipe: Peanut Butter & Fudge Oatmeal Cookies
• Afternoon Snack Recipe: Maple-Cinnamon Popcorn Wafers
• The Best Chewy Chocolate Cookies Ever (& Low-Fat Too)
• Crispy, Chewy, Gluten-Free: Socca (Chickpea Pancake)
• Cookie Recipe: Best Cut-Out Sugar Cookies - Not inherently gluten-free, but one commenter says that she substituted gluten-free flour and it worked perfectly in this recipe.
Got any tips or product recommendations to add to these?
(Images: Sarah Rae Trover; Faith Durand; Emma Christensen; Dana Velden)