Holiday baking is now in full swing, with pies, tarts, crisps and cookies popping up on food blogs and in full-page magazine spreads. Gluten-free cooks shouldn't feel discouraged, though: there are plenty of delicious gluten-free dessert options for the holidays! We found gluten-free versions of a few classic Thanksgiving desserts, from Pumpkin Pie to Apple Crisp—and a few even went above and beyond the norm. (A certain Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie recipe comes to mind!) Check out a few gluten-free baking ingredient and tips below, as well as 10 great dessert recipes:
• Gluten Free Flour Substitutes: Which One Is Your Favorite?
• Coconut Flour: Is This the Best Gluten-Free Flour?
• Nutty, Sweet, and Gluten-Free: Almond Flour
• Low Fat, High Protein, and Gluten-Free: Peanut Flour
• Gluten-Free Baking: How To Make an Easy Flour Substitute
• Have You Had Success With Gluten-Free Pie Crust?
• What Are Good Recipes for Gluten-Free Tart Dough?
• Holiday Cooking and Baking without Sugar or Flour
Try a Recipe
• Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie - A Sweet Simple Life (pictured above)
• Soft, Crispy, Chewy: 5 Flour-Free Cookie Recipes - The Kitchn
• Gluten-Free Cherry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies - The Kitchn
• The No-Flour, No-Butter Peanut Butter Cookies Revisited - The Kitchn
• Gluten-Free Apple Crisp - The Wannabe Chef
• Gluten-free Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie - Gabby's Gluten-Free
• Gluten-Free Pumpkin Marshmallow Swirl Brownies - Beard & Bonnet
• Gluten-Free Pie Apple-Of-My-Eye Pie - Plant-Powered Kitchen
• Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Torte- Tiffin Tales
• Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - Keep It Sweet Desserts
(Image: A Sweet Simple Life)