Gifts from the Kitchen: Part 1
We promised a roundup of good food gift ideas, and since it’s less than two weeks away from Christmas, now seems like a good time to be baking and candymaking! Here’s a roundup of good ideas from AT Kitchen – a collection of past gift guide ideas, your comments, and new recipes. There will be a second roundup to follow, one with even more ideas from around the web.
First, here’s some collections of ideas from this year and last. More recipes after the jump.
• Vanilla Sugar – Put in pretty jars with a red ribbon and you’re set.
• Mailing Toffee – This is so easy and delicious.
• Basic Granola – Who doesn’t like a bag of homemade granola?
• Candied Lemon Peel – Nice for garnishes or in little tins as a treat.
• Buckeyes – Everyone loves these.
• Divinity – I put these in gold foil papers.
• Preserved Hot Chiles – I want to try this for a non-sweet-tooth friend.
• Bermudian Rum Cake – This is a classic Christmas cake, and one which could make a splendid gift.
Any more ideas? Good things you remember from our archives? Watch for Part 2 later today; we’ll be looking at other creative food gift ideas from around the web.