Gifts from the Kitchen: Part 2
More food gift ideas from around the web! There’s so many out there, of course, but here’s a collection of recipes and ideas highlighted by you, our readers, and others that we felt were so charming that we couldn’t pass them up.
First, here’s a few newspaper and magazine stories that offer collections of gift recipes.
• San Francisco Chronicle – Includes chutney, spiced nuts, breads and brownies.
• Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel – Recipes from Rose Levy Berenbaum and ideas for presentation.
• These are not online, but Gourmet, Saveur, and Food & Wine each have great collections of recipes for food gifts in their holiday editions.
• Cocoa in a Jar – From Sunset Magazine.
• Quick Breads – Chris likes these quick breads, baked in cute tins, and we agree.
• Mulling Sachets – From Martha Stewart, and suggested by Ann, these look beautiful and also are a very welcome addition to cider and wine.
• Coffee-Flavored Liqueur – Recipe tip from Tamara.
• Flavored Salts – From Epicurious.
• Crisp Spiced Nuts – From Epicurious, recommended by Leesa.
• Sugar Almonds – Via Not Martha.
• SHF Chocolate Truffle Round-up – Since the theme of last month’s Sugar High Friday was Chocolate Truffles, the round-up has over 80 truffle ideas and recipes for your perusal, including gluten-free and vegan recipes.
• 15 Years of Pretty Packaging Ideas – From Martha Stewart.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, of course – any more suggestions as the holiday rush comes to a climax?