Work would feel a lot more like work if you didn't have any friends at the office. Luckily, you have plenty of friends at your 9-to-5 gig! You even have one friend who you'd go so far as to call your work wife. She's the one you get lunch with every day, complain to, and nag when you need something.
Show her how much you appreciate her (and her stash of desk candy) with one of these little office-appropriate gifts.
- Fruit Medley Phone Case, $35 at Sonix: If you guys are going to have to install Slack on your phones, you may as well also have cute food-themed cases. Get one for your work friend and one for yourself.
- Watermelon Ping Pong Play On, $39 at Sunny Life: Because every once in a while, the conference room is empty and your boss is out of the office.
- Drink Paper Clips, $13 for 12 at Paper Source: Forget staples and email attachments! How fun would it be to have reports circulating around the office with these paper clips?
- Cactus Salt & Pepper Shaker, $15 at Zilly Monkey: Cubicles aren't known for their natural light, so it can be tough to even grow a cactus or succulent. This faux plant adds a bit of nature to any desk — and it's a salt and pepper shaker to spice up lunches.
- Herbs & Spice Print Peach, $24 at Rifle Paper Co.: If you guys can't grow an herb garden at work (see above), this print is the next best thing for your friend's desk.
- Navy Windowpane Linen Napkin, from $15 at The Everyday Co.: A sad desk lunch will be way less sad if it's eaten with a cute cloth napkin. You know, versus the one-ply paper towels from the bathroom.
- Donut Forget Notepad, $8 at Little Low: Help your friend stay on top of her mile-long to-do list with this 50-page notepad. It's way more fun than those office-issue Post-Its.
- Takenaka Basic Bento, $30 at Omoi: Have you started bringing your lunch to work these days? Good for you! Just don't leave your favorite coworker to fend for herself. Get her this bento box and she just might start packing her lunch too.
- Yay Mug, $16 at Rock Scissor Paper: No one can accuse you guys of not being enthusiastic enough.
- The Cold Survival Kit, $28 at David's Teas: Sick days are for playing hooky, not actually being sick. Help your coworker stay healthy with this kit, featuring five soothing teas and a pack of honey sticks.