Last spring we took the whole month of April to party, party, party! It was a month of entertaining, with tips on throwing birthday parties, picking out wine, and making tasty appetizers and snacks. Here's a look back at some of the recipes and ideas that emerged that month, from crisp cheesy poufs, to an addictive gluten-free flatbread. There are ideas for little bites on toasts, and one of the best spicy nut mixes we've ever tasted.
• 1 Nibbles of pistachios and prosciutto rosettes (from An Italian Wine Dinner Menu)
• 2 How to Make Cheese Gougères
• 3 A Brined Pickle Platter
• 4 Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs with Herbed Yogurt Sauce
• 5 How to Make Socca: A Naturally Gluten-Free Chickpea Flatbread
• 6 The Ultimate Party Snack: Chili Roasted Peanuts with Coconut
• 7 Sour Cream & Onion Doughnuts
• 8 Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites with Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
• 9 Loaded Baked Potato Dip with Homemade Chips
• 10 Unique Snack & Easy Appetizer: Baked Lotus Root Chips
AN ELEGANT SPREAD
• 11 Smoked Salmon Potato Cakes with Herb Crème Fraîche
• 12 Goat Cheese Rapini Toasts
• 13 Fig Goat Cheese & Blackberries on Toast
• 14 Easy Party Appetizer: Grapes Wrapped in Goat Cheese
• 15 Elegant Appetizer: Savory Shortbread
Did you learn a new favorite appetizer or party snack this year? We'd love to hear about it — we're always looking for fresh new ideas!
A Few More Good Ideas for Party Food
• 10 Scrumptious Appetizer Dips & Spreads Without Cheese
• Snacks, Bites & Delicious Nibbles: 15 Fabulous Appetizers
• Cut It Up: 15 Flatbreads & Pizzas to Start the Party
• Classic Party Food: 3 Takes on Spinach Dip
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)