Before the Turkey: 8 Breakfasts for Thanksgiving Morning
You likely wake up on Thanksgiving morning with quite a lot of cooking to finish, which is why you need
a sous chef
a good breakfast. These are all things you can make in advance that are nourishing, not too heavy, and easy to grab-and-go while you work.
• 1. Weight Watchers Glazed Pear Muffins. Light and lower in calories—not exactly what you think of on Thanksgiving Day, but nevertheless a good way to start.
• 2. Frittata Squares. Full of vegetables and easy to bake the night before, then cut into individual portions and reheat.
• 3. Cranberry or Parmesan Scones. Two great options: one sweet, one savory.
• 4. Whole Wheat Raisin English Muffins. Beautiful, wholesome, and more in the spirit of Thanksgiving than running out to the bagel store at 7 a.m.
• 5. Crustless Mini Quiches. A perfect pop-in-your-mouth option when you’re busy.
• 6. Cheddar and Leek Muffins. Have you made them yet? We have, and they’re delicious (even a few days later).
• 7. Hearty, Healthy Apple Muffins. These are made with whole wheat flour.
• 8. Pumpkin Spice Latte. You know, if you didn’t make muffins ahead of time. This is still quick, festive, and good for a little boost.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)