9 Easy Frozen Treats: No Ice Cream Maker Needed!
Even without an ice cream maker, there is a world of frozen treats — including ice cream! — that you can make using kitchen equipment you already own. From creamy semifreddo to loaf pan popsicles, these recipes and techniques will keep you cool, with no special machinery required.
• 1 One-Ingredient Ice Cream: The miraculous ice cream that uses just one ingredient, frozen and pureed into a creamy treat.
• 2 Sweet Wine Slushie: Freeze sweet wine in an ice cream tray and blend into a soft, scoopable slushie.
• 3 Frozen Nectarine-Yogurt Pie: Greek yogurt and ripe nectarines make a creamy, not-too-sweet filling for this frozen pie.
• 4 Semifreddo: Velvety Italian ice cream that requires no special equipment to make.
• 5 Faloodeh (Persian Rose Water Ice): A slushy dessert made with rose water, lime juice, sugar and noodles!
• 6 Granita: Another Italian frozen dessert that can be made with just a pan, a fork and a freezer. Why not try the blackberry cabernet granita pictured above?
TIPS & TECHNIQUES:
• 7 How to Make Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Machine Faith’s foolproof method uses a hand mixer and a bag of ice to produce soft, creamy ice cream without an ice cream maker.
• 8 Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker (The Bag Method): With this electricity-free technique, you can even make ice cream on a camping trip!
• 9 Make Sliceable Popsicles in a Loaf Pan: If you don’t have popsicle molds, try freezing the mixture in a loaf pan and slicing it up into servings.
(Images: See linked posts for full photo credits)