From The Files: Oatmeal for Breakfast (and More)
We love oats and oatmeal in nearly every form. Now that the season has turned into fall, we’ve been indulging in steel-cut oats for breakfast – nutty, chewy, and pearly – with dark brown sugar and a drizzle of cream.
Here are some of our favorite ways to eat oats – in the morning and later in the day.
• A hearty yet easy oatmeal bread, great for toast
• Overnight oatmeal with buttermilk and apricots, made in a slow cooker
• What’s For Breakfast? Irish Oatmeal – A discussion of steel cut oats and their merits.
• Are rolled oats still good for you?
• Steel cut oats with dates, coconut, cinnamon and walnuts
• Oatmeal with peaches
• Bill Granger’s oat, pear, and raspberry loaf
• Golden oat pancakes
• Homemade granola with almonds, apricots, cranberries, pineapple…
Other sweet things
• Oatmeal raisin cookies with chocolate chips. The classic!
• Peanut butter and chocolate monster cookies
• Martha Stewarts oatmeal raisin squares – Great with a glass of milk.
• Fudge and walnut oatmeal cookies
• DIY oat flour
• Basic oat streusel or crumble for crumbles or crisps
• Rhubarb and lavender crumble
What’s your favorite way to eat oats and oatmeal in the fall?