Fresh Figs! 8 Reasons to Look Forward to the Season
I picked the very first few figs of the season from our tree this week and promptly devoured them with yogurt and honey for my breakfast. All the nut-hard, bright green fruits sprouting from beneath the leaves promise many more weeks of fig goodness to come. I’ve bookmarked Faith’s Grilled Figs with Mascarpone, and I figure I’d better start lining up the rest of my recipes, too! Got a favorite to share?
• Fig and Strawberry Tart from Martha Stewart – This dessert would be a show-stopper for sure.
• Stuffed Figs from Eat My Tortes! – Stuffed with clotted cream, sprinkled with pistachios, and drizzled with honey. Love.
• Millefeuille of Fresh Figs and Ricotta from Epicurious – Surprisingly simple to assemble and totally classy.
• Fig Galette from Simply Recipes – A classic. Fresh figs + Crust = Heavenly
• Yogurt Mousse with Fresh Figs, Honey, and Cinnamon Streusel from Bon Appétit – Tart yet sweet, cool yet warming. Sounds perfect.
• Goat Cheesecake with Figs and Honey from My Best Days Ever – Rich and decadent, one slice of this and I’d be done for the evening!
What are your favorite recipes for fresh figs?