In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Students pitch insects as food to venture capitalists. Plus, Epicurious wins a Webby, and experts rein in extravagant health claims for the goji berry.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Gilt Groupe Makes It Official With Ruth Reichl - Village Voice
• For-profit cooking schools face lawsuits, U.S. scrutiny - SF Chronicle
• Insect Meat Plan Earns Students $10K - NBC Chicago
• Bin Laden Aides Bought Big Orders of Pepsi, Coke - Bloomberg
• Grandfather of food sites crowned by Webby Awards - Independent
• Reining in health claims about the goji berry - National Post
• Study criticizing low-salt diet draws critics of its own - Globe and Mail
• On Small Farms, Hoof Power Returns - New York Times
• About 1 in 7 in U.S. Receive Food Stamps - Wall Street Journal
• Who needs cookbooks when you have a computer? - Seattle Times
(Image: Food News Journal)