In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A study on the carcinogenic properties of certain meats has some surprising results. Plus, Alton Brown signs on for 3 more years at Food Network, and food is coming in smaller and smaller packages in response to higher prices.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Are Hot Dogs Better For You Than Roasted Chicken? - TIME
• Avoid recalls, track food from seed to supermarket - Marketplace
• Alton Brown signs 3 more years at Food Network - AJC
• Food Inflation Kept Hidden in Tinier Bags - NY Times
• Baby formula is staple of theft rings - USA Today
• Celebrity chef launches food website for men - Independent UK
• Appetite for Louisiana seafood takes a hit - Times-Picayune
• Japanese Farmers Take Hit on Radiation Fears - Voice of America
• Japan Finds More Food Tainted by Radioactive Material - NPR
• Study: Less salmonella in organic chicken - - Food Safety News
(Image: Food News Journal)