German Egg Scare: Are Lax Food-Safety Laws to Blame?
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Some analysis of the dioxin scare in Germany. Plus, another ground beef recall, and the discovery of the world’s oldest winery.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Company helps revive rare, South American chocolate – Oregonian
• Border guards crack Kinder egg case – Globe and Mail
• Man With Shotgun Demands Food for Pregnant Wife – Consumerist
• Man Arrested for Bringing Suspicious Bagel Onboard – Consumerist
• Germany kills dioxin-contaminated pigs – Independent UK
• Germany Egg Scare: Are Lax Food-Safety Laws to Blame? – TIME
• Australia’s floods will push food prices up 30% – BBC News
• One Great Burger recalls ground beef products – Food Business Review
• Three red wines that qualify as real steals – Oregonian
• Unearthing the World’s Oldest Winery – Wall Street Journal
(Image: Food News Journal)