‘Mushroom Villages’ Employ Women in Rural Kashmir
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A look at growing self-employment in Kashmir — growing mushrooms. Plus, a report says that overweight Americans are diminishing the safety of public buses.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Craft Beer Sales up 12% in 2010 – Denver Business Journal
• Japan’s Crisis and the Food Supply – Food Safety News
• FDA Will Monitor Japanese Drugs and Food for Radiation – WSJ
• Food allergies more common in older siblings – MSNBC
• Report: Food Stamps Kept NYers Out of Poverty – Gothamist
• Gas, food prices double whammy for rural families – Forbes
• ‘Mushroom Villages’ Employ Women in Rural Kashmir – GPI
• Old-Time Methods Yield Spring Greens All Winter – NPR
• Overweight Americans throw off safety of buses – USA Today
• Inside the Haribo sweet factory, in pictures – Telegraph UK
(Image: Food News Journal)