Humans Eat Dirt to Shield the Stomach
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Live Science takes a look at geophagy, the practice of eating dirt. Plus, 50 great Portuguese wines, and in a surprising reversal, Germany announces that sprouts were not to blame in the E. coli outbreak.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• E. Coli Outbreak Source Not Found In Sprouts – Huff Post/AP
• Rise of the Superbacteria – Newsweek
• New Moms Sell Excess Breast Milk for Cash on Internet – ABC News
• British Govt’s terrifying warning to supermarkets – Daily Mail
• Irradiation Underused To Fight E. Coli In Foods – NPR
• Humans Eat Dirt to Shield the Stomach – Live Science
• Information is Beautiful: Plenty More Fish In The Sea? – Guardian
• What People Really Think of the USDA’s ‘MyPlate’ – Esquire
• 50 Great Portuguese wines, 2011 – Jamie Goode’s Wine Blog
• E.Coli won’t have ‘Significant Impact’ on organic food – Bloomberg
(Image: Food News Journal)