The Food Industry Tries to Redesign Nutrition Label, Fails
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: GOOD looks at the food industry’s attempt to redesign the nutrition label to serve their own ends. Plus, the FDA is warning customers about Evergreen Produce sprouts.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Norma (Duffy) Lyon, the ‘ButterCow Lady,’ Dies at 81 – NY Times
• Pediatricians: TV fast-food ads encourage kids’ obesity – LA Times
• Food Industry Tries to Redesign Nutrition Label, Fails – GOOD
• FDA Warns Not to Eat ‘Evergreen Produce’ Sprouts – WSJ
• More eating out at suppertime – Chicago Sun-Times
• Back to My Roots: A Niagara Riesling – Wine Spectator
• Convincing friends to give up processed food – Miami Herald
• My New Chef Crush: My Drunk Kitchen – – Nashville Scene
• Anthony Bourdain: My Favorite Mistake – Newsweek
• Muslim Butchers Unsettled by Dutch Bill on Slaughter – NY Times
(Image: Food News Journal)