NYC to Send Airport Geese to Food Banks for the Poor
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A creative use for nuisance birds at airports and parks in New York City. Plus, a dog to sniff out peanut danger for allergic kids, and the gardening boom continues.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• NYC to send airport geese to food banks for the poor – USA Today
• World’s oceans in ‘shocking’ decline – BBC
• Food allergies affect 1 in 12 kids: study – Reuters
• Boy allergic to peanuts has dog to sniff out danger – Seattle Times
• Food allergies more common, more severe among children – CNN
• Economy, food safety concerns keep gardening boom going – WP/AP
• A Plan to Fight Food Shortage – Wall Street Journal
• Can a Meat Eater and a Vegan Be Happy Together? – GOOD
• Faith-based urban farm opens in Berkeley – Berkeleyside
• Can Technology Rescue the Sprouts Industry? – FSN
(Image: Food News Journal)