In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Would renaming the food stamp program take away the stigma of receiving food assistance? Plus, the E. coli death toll rises, and Bloomberg talks about a major "farming shift."
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• E. coli death toll rises - CNN
• NY advocates want to rename food stamps program - Seattle PI/AP
• Batali's Eataly pinches neighboring businesses - NY Post
• Dirty Dozen list of produce, pesticides released - Chicago Tribune
• Farming Needs 'Major Shift' as Food System Fails - Bloomberg
• Rocco DiSpirito cooks up yet another reality show - Reuters
• How Food Became Wealth in America - Mother Jones
• How to Avoid Sauvignon Blancs That Taste Like Lawn - Bloomberg
• Psst: A Secret for White Burgundy Lovers - NY Times
• The 5 Sexiest Food-Related Music Videos - Broward New Times
(Image: Food News Journal)