Thomas Jefferson, America’s Original Foodie
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A profile of Thomas Jefferson and his contributions to American food. Plus, tips for eating well in hard times, and Maine lobster: not just for melted butter.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• U.S. could drop screening for deadly E. coli strain – Chicago Trib
• Bayer Settles With Farmers Over GM Rice Seeds – New York Times
• Prince William & Kate Master French Cooking in Montreal – People
• EU to give food aid to North Korea – Sydney Morning Herald
• California’s red-tape labyrinth lets millions go hungry – News Review
• Safeway pins hopes on natural foods – Daily Herald
• Why do women always fib about how much they eat? – Daily Mail
• Thomas Jefferson, America’s original foodie – Salon
• Maine Lobster: Not Just For Melted Butter Anymore – NPR
• Tips for eating well in hard times – Culinate
(Image: Food News Journal)