Why the Happy Meal is a Crime (Not Just a Culinary One)
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: The problems with a Happy Meal from a lawyer’s point of view. Plus, a study reveals dangerous bacteria on the outer packaging of chicken, a 3D food printer (it can print with chocolate!), and a New Years cleanse cocktail.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• For kids, more sleep means less fat – USA Today
• Industry debuts new US food labels. Critics pan – Reuters
• Nutrition expert: 5-a-day fruits and vegs a myth – Daily Mail UK
• Outer packaging of chicken ‘covered in bacteria’ – Telegraph UK
• Photo Gallery: The (Food) Value of a Dollar – Marketplace
• Why the Happy Meal is a Crime (Not Just a Culinary One) – Grist
• 3D food printer, the ‘D’ is for delicious – Eatocracy
• Lack of Sex Among Wine Grapes Saps Its Genetic Health – New York Times
• The Retox Cocktail: An Alcoholic New Years Cleanse – Saveur
• Food allergies mean dollar signs for food industry – LA Times
(Image: Food News Journal)