More Stomach-Churning Facts about the E. Coli Outbreak
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Bittman weighs in on the E. coli outbreak. Plus, a robot learns to bake cookies, and the SF health department bans fried grasshoppers.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• More Stomach-Churning Facts about the E. Coli Outbrea – NY Times
• EU offers farmers $300 million for E. coli crisis – SF Chronicle
• Cavemen grew GM rice more than 10,000 years ago – Daily Mail
• Report: Regulators Knew Herbicide Causes Birth Defects – Huff Post
• Urban farm school for teen moms to be shut down – Grist
• Special Report: Inside Germany’s E.coli hunt – Reuters
• SF Health Dept. Bans Fried Grasshoppers – SF Weekly
• Dieters More Likely to Trust Food Packaging – US News
• Something fishy going on in U.S. seafood market? – CBS News
• MIT robot is learning how to bake cookies – Seattle PI
(Image: Food News Journal)