Nasty Yeast Grows in Dishwasher
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: New research reveals a very nasty sort of yeast with a propensity to grow in dishwashers. (Eek!) Plus, potatoes and weight gain, and a look at the FDA’s struggles with imported food.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Italian hi-tech software teaches perfect pasta skills – BBC
• You Say Potato, Scale Says Uh-Oh – Wall Street Journal
• Scientists may have identified Olive Oil’s Secret Weapon – Wine Spec
• Nasty yeast grows in dishwashers – Independent
• Angry buzz rises among neighbors of beekeepers – USA Today
• NYC’s Underground Railroad for Escaped Farm Animals – CS
• Hungary to impose world’s most comprehensive junk-food tax – GP
• How to Make Strawberry Wine – Guardian
• 10 Ways to Reduce Food Waste at Home – GOOD
• Imported Foods: The FDA Tells What It’s Up Against – Atlantic
(Image: Food News Journal)