GOP Pushes Back on Effort to Limit Kids’ Food Ads
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A look at the battle over junk food advertising to children. Plus, banned chemicals found in imported fish, and Europe lays the groundwork for GM crop bans.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• China’s Bizarre Food “Safety” Scene, and Our Own – New York Times
• GOP pushes back on effort to limit kids’ food ads – AP
• Eataly To Open DC, LA Locations As Early As 2012 – Huff Post
• Banned chemicals found in tons of imported fish – Tennessean
• ‘Radical’ changes needed to meet rising food demands: UN – CSM
• Paula Deen’s coop in violation of town zoning laws – NY Daily News
• Europe paves way for GM crop bans – Guardian
• Eating alone: Nothing like sharing a meal with yourself – Denver Post
• American Food: A Call for Culinary Independence – TIME
• Would you eat a two-week-old sandwich? – Daily Mail
(Image: Food News Journal)