In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A look at the growing popularity of veganism. Plus, Italy dumps plastic bags in the first nationwide ban, and a story about how eight famous cheeses got their names.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• In France, killing for truffles - Global Post
• World food prices reach record high - Guardian UK
• Giant tuna fetches record £250,000 at Tokyo auction - Telegraph UK
• Pesticides Threaten Ant-Eating Tradition in Brazil - New York Times
• Vegan diets becoming more popular, more mainstream - AP
• Italy Dumps Plastic Bags in World's 1st Nationwide Ban - Green Biz
• Organic farmer is fanning the flames - Washington Post
• How 8 Famous Cheeses Got Their Names - Mental Floss
• Nanoparticles in Sewage May End Up in the Food Chain - Wired
• In Search of the World's Best Coffee. In Haiti - Esquire
(Image: Food News Journal)