In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: The United States is no longer the world's fattest country. Plus, anti-energy drinks, and the updated egg.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Does diet soda increase heart, stroke risk? - LA Times
• U.S. is No Longer World's Fattest Country - GOOD
• For lasting vision, eat those omega-3s - MSNBC
• Now You Can Eat and Wear Locally Raised Cows - Gothamist
• Childhood obesity 'very serious' problem in California - LA Times
• Anti-energy drinks: relaxation in a can - CNN
• The Updated Egg: Less Cholesterol, But Healthy? - TIME
• Martha Stewart: Food is the New Fashion - Huffington Post
• Kombucha tea? Acai berries? A look back at weird food fads - MSNBC
• Chocolate Savories for Your Sweet - NPR
(Image: Food News Journal)