EPA Still Allowing Hive-Killing Pesticide
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A pesticide linked to the colony collapse of bees is banned in several European countries, yet the EPA still allows its use in the United States. Plus, the LA Times holiday cookie bake-off, a chef who claims to make the world’s healthiest meal, and the Tom and Jerry, a forgotten holiday drink.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• EPA Still Allowing Hive-Killing Pesticide – Fast Company
• Food, Obesity, Regulation: Culture War Boils Over – ABC News
• Forest-to-Table Latest Twist in Eat Local Movement – Voice of America
• Chef Claims to Make World’s Healthiest Meal – ABC 7
• A perfect 10: The LAT Holiday Cookie Bake-Off – Los Angeles Times
• Without Blood Sausage, It Just Wouldn’t Be Christmas – New York Times
• Fruitcake Forensics: Deconstructing a Holiday Classic – Saveur
• Winemakers Introduce Cheaper, Artificial Ice Wines – AP
• The Holiday Drink That Time Forgot – Esquire
• Saccharin’s Not-So-Sweet Reputation – Marketplace
(Image: Food News Journal)