Farmers Market Cheating Alleged in California
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A scandal over alleged cheating at a farmers market in California. Plus, a trend of supermarkets going smaller, not bigger, and a rare E. coli strain in a Costco-linked outbreak.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Jamie Oliver’s American Dream faces setback – Telegraph UK
• While Warning About Fat, U.S. Pushes Cheese Sales – New York Times
• Fat children eat better than thinner classmates – Telegraph UK
• Farmers market cheating alleged – Los Angeles Times
• Oysters Lose Their Allure – Wall Street Journal
• A future when London can feed itself – BBC
• Rare E. coli Strain Seen in Costco-linked Outbreak – Food Safety News
• The food-mood connection – Los Angeles Times
• Suddenly, Corn Costs More. Why Not Corn Flakes? – NPR
• Big Supermarkets Going Smaller – Organic Authority
(Image: Food News Journal)