Quinoa’s Global Success Creates Quandary at Home
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: The fascinating story of the rise of quinoa, and its unexpected effects on the farmers who grow it. Plus, another story on how the recently-found tsunami survivors ate yogurt to stay alive.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Japan’s radioactive food found in major local producer – CNN
• Japan Broadens Scope of Food Radioactivity Tests – MarketWatch
• Trapped tsunami victims ate yoghurt to stay alive – Vancouver Sun
• Spaghetti-eating passenger causes subway brawl – NY Daily News
• FL 6-year-old wins scholarship for PBJ recipe – DB News-Journal
• Matthew McConaughey Wants to Write a Cookbook – Zimbio
• Quinoa’s Global Success Creates Quandary at Home – NY Times
• Groupon’s ambitious plans to change how we eat – CNN/Mashable
• Local family farms: more than just a growing concern – News-Journal
• Packaged-food companies target health category – Chicago Tribune
(Image: Food News Journal)