New App Calculates Calories Through Food Photos
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A new food app strains credibility but appears to work in a very interesting way. Plus, Natalie Portman drops veganism, and China expands a ban on Japanese food imports.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• How to share a cow – Mother Nature Network
• School bans some lunches brought from home – Chicago Tribune
• New Moms and Dads Need to Eat Better – NPR
• The ‘organic’ label gives food a ‘health halo’ – LA Times
• New app calculates calories through food photos – Reuters
• A Silver Bullet for Weight Loss? Maybe – TIME
• China Expands Ban on Japan Food Imports – Wall Street Journal
• Natalie Portman quits veganism. Good for her – Salon
• Compost company turns food waste into profit – Kansas City Star
• How one family gave up processed food – Miami Herald
(Image: Food News Journal)