In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A look at what America's first steaks say about beef and how our consumption of it has changed over the years. Plus, the big business of cupcakes, and Rick Steves talks about how American food is viewed in Europe.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Jamie Oliver unbowed after 'Food Revolution' meets resistance - AP
• Strawberries Fight Cancer, Study Finds - Wall Street Journal
• Austrian Bakery Faces Charges Over Nazi Cakes - Huffington Post
• N.Y.U. Food Library Joins Big Leagues - NY Times
• Adam Rapoport Dishes on Bon Appétit - WWD Media
• Guest DJ Project: David Chang - KCRW
• What America's First Steaks Can Teach Us About Beef - Atlantic
• A Matter of Taste: Europeans on American Food - I Have Net
• 9 Foods to Help You Sleep - Daily Meal
• Sweet! The big business of cupcakes - CBS News
(Image: Food News Journal)