The Inconvenient Truth About Cheap Food and Obesity
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Wellesley prof and food politics researcher Robert Paarlberg points out the flaws in Pollan’s argument that farm subsidies lead to cheap food and obesity. Plus, an update on the no food, all beer Lenten diet (more interesting and less of a stunt than we realized at first! Monk research is involved).
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Sweet! Candy eaters surprisingly slimmer – MSNBC
• Obama to Set New Calorie Count Rules – Wall Street Journal
• Colorless Food? We Blanch – NY Times
• Study: Fresh food can lower your BPA – Chicago Sun-Times
• Jamie Oliver’s brain food crusade runs aground – Observer UK
• Single-source cocoa the hottest trend – Boston Herald
• Lemon icebox pie: a gift from the fates – Salon
• Update on no food, all beer Lenten diet – CBS Chicago
• The Inconvenient Truth About Cheap Food and Obesity – GOOD
• Flying Dog Brewery Raging Against Mich. Over Label – DCist
(Image: Food News Journal)