In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Watching TV while eating is linked to obesity, higher risk of Type 2 diabetes and a lower-quality diet. Is keeping up with the Real Housewives worth it? Plus, the top ten supersized cookbooks, a beer inspired by the past, and french toast: classic, baked and stuffed.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Michelle Obama checking out Army food, fitness - Washington Post
• Eating Trans Fats Linked to Depression - Web MD
• USDA will allow planting of modified alfalfa - Washington Post
• TV: A Sneaky Part of the Food Pyramid - Bloomberg
• Top 10 Supersized Cookbooks (Hope Shipping's Free) - LA Weekly
• French toast: the classic and the custom-made - LA Times
• Q & A with Offal Chef Chris Cosentino - Vanity Fair
• Jefferson's Monticello makes ale inspired by past - Washington Post
• Fewer people drinking as recession hits - Guardian UK
• Cashing in on the cupcake craze - CNN Money
(Image: Food News Journal)