In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Food banks struggling with food scarcity, high demand, and junk food. Plus, a pint of beer a day can be very good for your health, and Bolivian farmers enjoy the current popularity of quinoa.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Overburdened Food Banks Can't Say No to Junk - NPR
• USDA to Announce New School Lunch Guidelines - ABC News
• Demand for Quinoa a Boon for Bolivian Farmers - NPR
• Mediterranean Diet May Slow Cognitive Decline - NY Times
• Tuna Fight Muddies Waters Over BP Spill Damage - WSJ
• US cuts crop forecasts, grain prices surge - Bloomberg
• On the Verge of a Global Food Crisi - Forbes
• Farm Belt Gets Some Help From Food Prices - WSJ
• Daniel Boulud's One-Pot Sunday Supper - Miami Herald
• A pint of beer a day keeps the doctor away - Telegraph UK
(Image: Food News Journal)