Five Ways to Eat: Dark Chocolate
You probably don’t need much help from us in eating your dark chocolate. After all, it’s not only addictively delicious; it also has a health stamp of approval these days — antioxidant is such a magic word! But in any case, here are a few more ways to sprinkle a little extra dark chocolate into your diet.
- Grate over your morning oatmeal – Remember our post on oats? Just a few shards of dark, nearly unsweetened chocolate can really liven up your morning oatmeal! It’s a Friday treat, right?
- Garnish a fruit plate with chocolate curls – Just fruit, with a little dark chocolate alongside, makes an elegant and healthy end to a meal. Serve a tray of Champagne grapes and peaches, or apple and plum slices, with shavings of dark chocolate.
- Mix into frozen banana ice cream – Did you know you can make ice cream from nothing but a frozen banana? It tastes perfectly creamy, and since it’s so healthy, you can afford some chunks of dark chocolate to make it just a little more decadent.
- Eat it straight – Just a little nip of a chocolate bar can wake you up in the middle of the day, without the full caffeine of a cup of coffee, or the indulgence of a brownie.
- Add into your morning baked goods – We love healthy, whole grain muffins with fruit and nuts for breakfast. But you can also liven them up with a little dark chocolate too.
What’s your favorite way to eat dark chocolate…especially in more restrained ways? Here are a few more good tips on chocolate!
More 5 Ways to Eat Posts:
These posts are all ingredients paired with Social Workout’s daily exercise over at their Fall Challenge.
(Image: Faith Durand)