Farmers’ Market Fresh: 5 Non-Alcoholic Summer Drinks
Next time you visit the farmers’ market, don’t just think about eating the seasonal abundance – the rainbow of summer fruits is delicious for drinking, too! Here are five of our favorite non-alcoholic, colorful, and cooling beverages featuring ripe watermelon, blackberries, strawberries, cucumbers, and even jalapeño peppers.
• 1 Watermelon Strawberry Cooler – Super refreshing with lime, mint, and optional chia seeds
• 2 Blackberry Elderflower Spritzer with Mint – Pretty and sweet; if elderflowers are in bloom where you live, try making your own cordial for this!
• 3 Strawberry Basil Soda – Bright and sophisticated with rich strawberry flavor
• 4 Cucumber Juice – Delicious with sparkling water and a squeeze of lemon
• 5 Jalapeño Ice Water – Surprisingly subtle and cooling on a hot day
Related: Drink Your Salad: Summer Juices
(Images: Emily Ho; Faith Durand; Emily Ho; Emma Christensen; Emily Ho)
Get the Kitchn Daily in your inbox.