Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Meat: 28 Tips and Tutorials
How do you cook and shred a pork shoulder? How do you carve a roast chicken? How do you check the temperature on a turkey? What’s the secret to crispy skin? What’s the best way to package meat before freezing? The answers to all these, plus many, many more in our definitive tips, tricks, and techniques guide to MEAT.
Cooking Tutorials, Techniques, and Tips
• How to cook a turkey.
• How to cook moist and tender chicken breasts every time.
• How to cook and shred a pork shoulder.
• How to grind your own meat in the food processor.
• How to make meatballs.
• How to cook steak in the oven.
• How to cook and brown ground beef.
• How to sear meat.
• How to cook great ribs in the oven.
• How to roast a chicken (and then how to carve it)
• How to grind your own sausage.
• How to choose the best meat for beef stew.
• How to tell when your steak is done.
• How to brine meat.
• How to determine how much meat you should have per person.
• How to check the temperature on a turkey.
• The difference between braising and stewing.
Flavoring, Freezing, and Thawing Tips
Shopping and Prep
It’s Reader Request Week at The Kitchn!
This post was requested by honeybun.
Originally published 11.8.2012.