Everything On This (Awesome) New Site is Just $3
As of yesterday, there’s a new website where you can get all sorts of snacks, ingredients, kitchen gadgets, tabletop supplies, and more for cheap. How cheap? Every single item on the site is just $3 — sometimes you’ll even get two-packs for $3 or three-packs for $3. The site is called Brandless and it’s kind of amazing.
The idea is simple: Good stuff — organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, Fair Trade items — shouldn’t cost a lot of money.
Other national brands are usually more expensive for many reasons. For one, the cost of the item usually includes marketing, distributing, placement, etc. But Brandless works with suppliers to cut out all of the middle men. The stuff is only sold on the Brandless website. And it’s legit good quality. We had lunch with one of the co-founders, Ido Leffler, today and he mentioned that Brandless’ $3 plates are made in the same factory that makes $24 plates for another brand. Impressive, right?
Here are some of the products we’re most excited about. Of course there are 110 more, with all sorts of new additions in the works.
- Balsamic Greens & Grapefruit Dishsoap, $3: This soap is tough on grease, but not on the environment.
- Porcelain Rim Dinner Plate, $3: Those plates we were talking about earlier! Now you can set an entire table — with quality plates — for less than $25.
- Essential Knives, $9 for three: You can buy each knife — a paring, bread, and chef’s knife — separately for the same price, or just put the bundle in your cart for faster shopping.
- Silicone Serving Spoon, $3: How pretty is this acacia-handled spoon? And it’s functional too: The silicone head is heat-resistant up to 400 degrees and won’t scratch your non-stick pots.
- Blueberry Flax Granola, $3 for 12 ounces: In the spirit of full transparency, we got a bag of this breakfast-y treat this afternoon — and we can’t stop eating it. Right out of the bag. It’s slightly sweet and the ingredients are clean and clear.
Bonus: Every time you shop on Brandless, a meal is donated to Feeding America, the nation’s leading domestic hunger relief organization.
What are you eyeing on the site?