Can you love to give handmade gifts and also love a bargain? The artisans over at Etsy say yes! They launched their first-ever Cyber Week sale that started November 20, encouraging their regular vendors to offer deals up to 60 percent off across the entire marketplace (although most deals are in the 10 to 15 percent range).
There is a special sale page to go straight to the participating vendors, where you can sort by category or price to make shopping for your loved ones (or maybe yourself) easy as leftover pumpkin pie. Here are a few of our favorite picks.
- Whale Mug, $27 (regularly $29) at CreativityHappens: Want to thank someone for being a whale of friend in 2017? This whale-shaped mug should do the trick.
- Geode Slice Agate Coasters, $45 for four (regularly $50) at HadleyandFynn: Top your table with a stylish set of four agate coasters in blue, teal, pink, purple, natural, or a mix of the colors, and add gold or silver edging if you choose for an extra $5. Each slice is completely unique, and may include the hole in the center where the crystals form. They each have rubber feet to avoid scratching your tabletop while protecting it from hot or cool drinks. Spend $40 in this shop and take 10 percent off your order.
- Ceramic Bowl, $79 (regularly $92) at FreeFolding: A luxurious gift for your favorite hostess, this unique bowl is way beyond anything you'd find at the mall. Made of folded and stamped stoneware with a light-green matte glaze, it's simple and sophisticated (and oven-safe!).
- Cocktail Shaker + 4 Moscow Mule Mugs Set, $60 (regularly $75) at DanaeSupplyCo: So your sister's got the bar cart — now what? Add to her cocktail collection with a chic shaker and coordinating copper mugs. The shaker is made of glass with a copper-plated stainless steel cap and has graduated lines marked along it for easy measurement. The mugs are solid copper with a traditional hammered finish. Spend $49 to get 20 percent off your order.
- Bottle Openers, $11 each (regularly $12) at RVMetalShop: Made from industrial steel with a layer of black oxide for the gray-blue tint, these bottle openers just might become your go-to hostess gift (the shop also has a gingerbread man, nutcracker, and Santa in its holiday collection). Tie one to a six-pack of craft beer for a fresh take on showing up with bubbles. Spend $20 (read: buy two) in order to take 10 percent off your order.
- Cat Coasters, $19 for five (regularly $21) at FeltPlanet: This is what you get your cat-loving best friend: a set of indestructible felt coasters cut in a stylized take on her favorite animal! Each set comes with five neutral-colored coasters made of 100 percent German ultra-thick merino wool felt. Perfect for wine on a night in (with the cats) or coffee on a lazy Sunday (also with the cats).
- Flour Sack Dish Towels, $26 for three (regularly $30) at A2DCreations: Practical and funny? Yes, please! You can pick three of any of the cheeky sayings available in this shop and then either gift them all as a set or break them up into smaller gifts for teachers, bus drivers, and anyone else you may need a small token of appreciation for.
- Black Felt Letter Board, $44 (regularly $55) at LetterLoveGoods: This trendy 12-by-18-inch letter board is a great gift for your funniest friend. Even someone who is not so funny can put this to good use and turn it into a meal-planning board.
- Coffee Cup Cozy, $9 (regularly $10) at SocksandMittens: Knitted from a wool and acrylic blend yarn with a loop and button to fit it over any mug, the cozy comes in nine colors, including vibrant hues like ochre and fuchsia as well as subdued ones like dusty pink and off-white. We won't tell anyone that you don't know how to knit. Winky face.
- Slip-Cast Geo Hanging Porcelain Planter, $27 (regularly $30) at Beanandbailey: Surely you know someone who has the perfect spot to hang this succulent holder. Aside from you, that is. Although, yes, it would look great hanging over your sink.
What are you buying from Etsy today?