As you know from, well, life, the best time to buy stuff for a particular season or a holiday is toward the end of said season or right after that holiday. For example, you know that Halloween candy is always cheapest on November 1. And summer stuff — melamine dishes, coolers, patio furniture, etc. — is no different. Right now, companies need to make room for new inventory (fall is coming!), so they're slashing prices left and right.
If you're even just thinking about things you may need to replace or get for next summer, you might want to get a head start. Here are some of our favorite summer items that happen to be on sale right now.
- Coleman Xtreme Series Portable Cooler, $47 (was $83): It doesn't matter if you're heading to the beach or hosting a backyard barbecue — everyone should have a quality cooler. This option from Coleman can hold up to 100 cans.
- Iznik Outdoor Melamine Mixed Salad Plates, from $11 (was $13) at Williams Sonoma: As far as we're concerned, melamine plates are perfect for outdoor parties. These reusable plates are practically unbreakable. Best of all, they're more stylish than a stack of paper plates.
- Birch Lane Cawley Beverage Dispenser, $62 (was $79) at Wayfair: Pro tip: Fill Birch Lane's dispenser with infused water or a signature cocktail to get the party started.
- Himalayan Salt Plate with Holder, $40 (was $55) at Williams Sonoma: Take your grilled shrimp or steak to the next level with a block of flavorful Himalayan salt.
- DuraClear Outdoor Margarita Glasses, $63 for six (was $90) at Williams Sonoma: You know Next Summer You is still going to love margaritas. Same for your friends.
- Colmar Outdoor 3-Piece Bistro Set, $176 (was $220) at Target: If your table and chairs are looking a little rough after all the rain we've had this summer, now might be a good time to replace them with this little bistro set.
- Driftwood Melamine Serving Bowl, $10 (was $20) at Sur la Table: How good would your famous pasta salad look in this bowl?
- Yellow Stripe Rectangular Outdoor Umbrella, $84 (was $120) at World Market: We imagine next summer will be sunnier than this summer (seriously, there was so much rain!). If that's the case, you'll be happy you scooped up this umbrella for your patio table when you did.