The Austrian company that makes this container has been in the porcelain-enamel business for over 80 years. As Kaufmann Mercantile (the store that sells these stateside) says about the company, "Lest you think 80 is a bit young, the company started 461 years ago in 1550 as a pan-making firm." Well, then! The container can also be heated on any stove top (gas, electric or induction), and has a leak-proof seal.
It's pricy for a lunch container, yes, but that's because of the quality, the manufacturing process, and the durability. If you invest in it, it will last you a lifetime.
- Porcelain enamel and stainless steel with an anti-leak rubber seal
- Stovetop- and- dishwasher-safe
- Available in 3.2 and 4.2 cup sizes
- Made in Austria
- Incredibly durable, but also 100% recyclable
Catch All Of This Week's Lunchbox Picks:
- Monbento: A Stylish Way to Compartmentalize Your Lunch
- Takenaka Bento Boxes: A Colorful Choice For a Lighter Lunch
- The Stainless Steel ECOlunchbox 3-in-1: Totally Plastic-Free!
- The Stöh Lunchbox from Milkdot: A Minimalist Insulated Tote for Kids and Adults!
(Images: Kaufmann Mercantile)