Here are a few of her favorites from the past year at The Kitchn.
• Fall Breakfast: Ricotta, Fig, and Honey Tartine - Such a simple yet inspired treat, and one I made again and again after reading this post.
• How to Peel Ginger - Aha! After trying this technique, I never went back to peeling my ginger with a paring knife.
• How To: Use Up Overripe Fruit - This post helped me realize I was being too hasty in throwing past-its-prime fruit into the compost bin. There are so many ways to enjoy and not waste overripe fruit!
• Straight Up: Pimm's Cup for the English Gardener - The photos illustrating this cocktail recipe may have been my favorite all year. The summery light, the fresh ingredients -- I wanted to dive into the computer screen!
• Weekend Meditation: Apricots - It's hard to pick just one of Dana's extraordinary Weekend Meditations, but I thought this one was especially beautiful.