Emile Henry: Online Factory Outlet
This French company has been making glazed ceramic cookware since the 1850s, but thanks to modern technology they now have an online factory outlet with discounted seconds, overstock items, and discontinued lines.
Originally founded by Jacques Henry of Burgundy, the company was passed down through generations of family members and is now owned by the fifth generation Jacques Henry, who took over in 1983.
Their main factory is still headquartered in Burgundy, and their products are still made with Burgundy clay. They say it has “superior heat retention” thanks to a combination of “mineral-rich limestone soils” and their proprietary manufacturing process, which involves a very hard scratch-resistant glaze.
Emile Henry makes casserole dishes, pie dishes, tagines, ramekins, and stew pots that go from freezer to oven to table. Almost everything comes with a ten-year warranty, except for the seconds in the discount bin, which get a three-year warranty.
Here are a mix of factory discounts and regularly priced items currently available:
- Pitchers in Figue, Slate, Pink, Nougat, Sand, and Sky, $45
- Flame Top Round Dutch Oven, $230
- Kitchen Bowl in Vert, $50
- Mixing Bowl Set in Cerise, $100
- Stackable Ramekin Set in Azur, $32
- Utensil Holder in Citron, $27
- Flame Top Tagine in Red, $125
- Dinnerware, Set of 4 in Citron, $82
- Lion’s Head Soup Bowl in Vert, $23
- Oil Cruet in Sand, $36
- Factory Outlet – Flame Top Round Stewpot in Figue, marked down to $173 from $230
- Factory Outlet – Flame Top Tagine in Azur, marked down to $94 from $125
- Factory Outlet – Japanese Cup in Cerise, marked down to $6 from $8
- Factory Outlet – Salad Plate in Black, marked down to $10 from $20
- Factory Outlet – Loaf Dish in Citron, marked down to $27 from $36