Eggs Benedict and Beyond
Over the weekend, I visited Portland, Oregon. One morning at a local brunch place, I ordered an Eggs Benedict-type dish, but instead of Canadian bacon, it had smoked salmon. It was delicious, and I wondered, what are other variations of Eggs Benedict?
A roundup of egg dishes served with hollandaise sauce:
- The original Eggs Benedict recipe.
- Eggs Florentine – uses spinach instead of ham.
- Eggs Blackstone – uses streaky bacon instead of ham, and adds a tomato.
- Crabcakes Benedict – substitutes ham with a crabcake.
- Fried Green Tomato Benedict – the ham is replaced with a fried green tomato. Yum!
- Portobello Mushroom Benedict – click this link and scroll down to #7.
- Eggs Benedict with Avocado – in the California style!
- Artichoke Benedict – oh, this sounds YUM. Uses a hollowed artichoke bottom instead of an English muffin.
- Smoked Salmon Benedict – what I had in Portland.
- Eggs Sardou – a very decadent dish! Poached eggs, artichokes, anchovies, hollandaise, and truffles.