Editor’s Choice: Faith’s Favorite Posts of 2008 Best of 2008
I have to say that it was very, very hard to choose favorite posts from this past year, but here are a few that stood out in my memory.
• Jacques Pépin cooks dinner for 6 on $24 – We were just covering a piece from the Washington Post, but this post draws me back over and over. What a great find, and what an impressive piece of cooking! So inspiring.
• Sara Kate’s illustrated potato guide – Every sort of potato you’ll ever need! I frequently revisit this post as a reference point.
• On William Carlos Williams, food and poetry – Chris’s delightful meditation from Book Month on plums, poetry, hoarding and sharing.
• Sherry the Extraordinary Wine – Mary’s repeated evangelistic efforts on behalf of sherry have paid off. I have a newfound love for this newly popular wine.
• Spice pantry tour – My personal favorite of all our kitchen tours this year. Sabra’s gorgeous photos show off the wealth of spices that her friends keep for their daily cooking, tucked away like colorful jewelry inside their great spice storage boxes. Two wonderful recipe attached too.
• Why some cheese has crunchy crystals – This is why I love reading this blog and the experts who share these things. Nora enlightens us on why some cheese tastes like it has crunchy bits inside.
• DIY Cocktail Onions – Another interesting and very practical post from Nora.
• Weekend Meditation: Provide – I love Dana’s weekend meditations, and this was one of my favorites.
• Homemade Marshmallow Peeps – I have a weakness for copycat and DIY recipes, and this was one of the best all year.
• Open Door Family Dinners – An inspiration: it would be a good year for everyone to host an open door dinner at least once in a while.
And then there were all those reader submissions and good ideas and recipes from contests — I couldn’t leave those out! Here are a few of my favorite reader submissions from the past year.
Great posts from our readers
• A visit to an Ohio farm – A lovely trip to a farm.
• Perfect scone tips – Who doesn’t love perfect scones? And these look so good!
• Readers’ Thanksgiving tables – I loved seeing all the creative ideas and the tables set and ready for Thanksgiving feasting.
• Mission Accomplished! The Cindy McCain (Or Is That The Food Network) Recipe Challenge – Stephanie takes the cake, though, for completing our crazy challenge to cook through all of Cindy McCain’s (errr… the Food Network’s) favorite recipes.
Those are just a few of my favorites; it’s so hard to choose! I wonder what 2009 will bring…