Can you even keep track of all the ways it is possible to eat pork? Chops, tenderloins, roasts, soups, stews — the list goes on and we didn't even mention bacon or belly! Pork is a hearty meat and March is a hearty month, so don't think too hard when it comes to making it for dinner.
We've rounded up some of the easiest ways to do it. Whether you're serving up some maple-ginger pork with caramelized sweet potatoes or a spicy carnitas salad bowl to keep you and your loved ones well-fed and satisfied, here's how to do it without too much fuss.
Pork Soups and Stews
The classic way to incorporate the smoky deliciousness of pork into a soup is through a hambone. But pork is also an excellent choice for stews and braises, as it benefits from the slow, moist cooking. Many of these dishes have you do much of the work upfront, but you reap the benefits all week long. So prep that stew on a Sunday and have a few days of hearty dinners waiting for you all week long.
- Slow Cooker Pork and Cider Stew
- Chunky Pork and Apple Stew
- Slow Cooker Pork Vindaloo
- Ham Bone, Greens, and Bean Soup
Pork Chops and Roasts
Pork chops are a classic midweek dinner, as they cook up fast and taste delicious without a lot of effort. But don't skip the tenderloin! It might need just a touch more effort to keep it moist and flavorful, but it's worth it.
- How To Cook Tender & Juicy Pork Chops in the Oven
- One-Skillet Salsa Pork Chops
- Maple-Ginger Pork with Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
- Ina Garten's Cider-Roasted Pork Tenderloins with Roasted Plum Chutney
- Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
While there's nothing more American than a ham and cheese on rye, these sandwiches highlight other delicious ways that pork can be consumed between (or on top of) sliced bread.
Pulled Pork and Carnitas
What did we do before pulled pork? Life must have been dreary indeed. Cook up a big batch and enjoy throughout the week in salads and sandwiches, and on top of just about anything from rice to nachos. The definition of easy!
- How To Make the Best Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Maple-Mustard Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
Pork Salads and Bowls
These recipes are perfect for when you have some leftover shredded pork in the refrigerator. But even if you don't, it's worthwhile to purchase some just for the sake of enjoying one of these hearty bowls.