Easy Gourmet: 9 Classed-Up Sandwiches for Dinner
Maybe sandwiches aren’t the first things that come to mind when you think of “gourmet food,” but then again, we’re not talking about your average PB&J. We’re talking paninis with summer pesto, homemade rye piled high with artisan cured beef, ciabatta layered with local cheeses. Yes, with the right ingredients, a sandwich can be quite gourmet indeed.
• Tuscan Tuna-and-Bean Sandwiches from Gourmet – Made with pantry staples, but oh-so-classy.
• Crisp Tofu Sandwich with Peanut-Ginger Sauce from Martha Stewart – A simple sauce takes this vegetarian sandwich to another level of awesome.
• Reuban-ish Sandwich from Jamie Oliver – Deli food at home is looking really good right now.
• Merguez Ficelle Sandwich from Real Simple – This sausage and onion sandwich doesn’t need much more than mustard to make it perfect.
• BLT Fried Egg and Cheese Sandwich from Food & Wine – What is it about fried eggs that makes everything so good?
• Grilled Cheese and Short Rib Sandwiches from Bon Appétit – Not that short ribs need much by way of improvement, but the caramelized onions and arugula on this sandwich sound divine.
• Pressed Italian Sandwiches from Sunset Magazine and MyRecipes – It’s all about the ciabatta, folks.
• Chile-Marinated Pork on Cemita Rolls from Epicurious – The extra effort to make the pork for these sandwiches will be well worth it.
• Fromage Blanc, Banana, and Membrillo Sandwiches from Saveur – Direct from San Francisco’s Tartine Bakery to our stomachs.
What’s your idea of a truly gourmet sandwich?