Eggs are tiny miracle workers in the kitchen. They can be stored in the fridge for a long time and they are cheap, hard to mess up, and one of the most versatile ingredients you can use. Really, what's not to love?
So let eggs be your go-to breakfast champion. From soft scrambled eggs to make-ahead breakfast sandwiches and egg casseroles, there's nothing eggs can't do to help you kickstart your morning routine.
Basic Egg Recipes to Know by Heart
There are unlimited ways to prepare an egg, but it's good to start by mastering the basics and build on those key recipes. Once you have an excellent base for an omelette or scrambled eggs, it's easy to add any add-ins to make it that much better.
- How To Make a Two-Egg Omelette
- How To Make Creamy Scrambled Eggs
- How To Boil Eggs Perfectly Every Time
- How To Easily Poach an Egg
- How To Fry an Egg
Easy Variations on Scrambled Eggs
Once you have the basics down, up the ante on your pan of scrambled eggs with fresh vegetables, tangy goat cheese, or salsa.
- Scrambled Eggs with Lazy Salsa
- Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Corn, Goat Cheese & Tomatoes
- Scrambled Eggs With Green Peppers & Mushrooms
Scrambled Eggs & Mustard Greens on Toast
Breakfast sandwiches are always a good idea. Especially since a number of these recipes can be made in advance and stashed in the freezer.
- Mediterranean Breakfast Pitas
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Quesadilla
- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Bread Boats
- Freezer-Friendly Potato, Chorizo, and Cheesy Egg Burritos
- Herbed Egg Whites & Feta on English Muffins
- Crème Fraîche Scrambled Egg and Smoked Salmon Sandwiches
- Scrambled Egg Tacos
- Basic Breakfast Tacos
Breakfast Salads and Bowls
Want to get more vegetables in your morning routine? Breakfast salads and grain bowls are a great way to do it, and a fried, poached, or boiled egg adds a boost of protein to make them more filling.
- Summer Breakfast Salad
- Lyonnaise Salad
- Southwest Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 3-Ingredient Pesto Zoodle Bowl
- Breakfast Fried Rice
Frittatas and Egg Casseroles
Frittatas and egg casseroles are an easy solution to feed the whole family; welcome just about any veggies, cheese, or meat you have on hand; and can be made ahead of time.
- Kale and Goat Cheese Frittata Cups
- The Easiest Cheese and Vegetable Frittata
- Spicy Kale and Sweet Potato Egg Bake
- Veggie Supreme Egg Bake
- Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Make-Ahead Baked Greek Omelet
- Sausage and Eggplant Summer Frittata
- Easy Spanish Tortilla Casserole