Everything I want in my perfect weeknight dinner can be found in a pack of chicken thighs. No matter how I cook it (the options are endless), I know there's not a lot I have to do to turn this inexpensive protein into a dinner that's packed with big, juicy flavor.
Start with a pack of chicken thighs and these 15 low-effort, big-reward recipes will show you the best ways to turn them into dinner.
Sheet Pan Suppers
You will find a sheet pan supper in my meal plan every week, without fail. They are a boon to busy nights, when you just want a no-fuss dinner you can toss together without a lot of cleanup. These recipes work with skin-on, bone-in thighs or a pack of boneless, skinless thighs, and cook on your trusty sheet pan along with your veggies of choice.
- Roasted Chicken Thighs with Fennel & Lemon
- Sheet Pan Chicken Souvlaki
- Sheet Pan Honey-Chipotle Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Red Potatoes and Sage
- Spicy Roasted Chicken Thighs with Miso and Ginger
Chicken Skillets and One-Pot Wonders
When quick is the name of the game, a cast iron skillet, wok, or Dutch oven is the smart solution for putting a pack of chicken thighs to work for an easy meal. Stir-fries are a breeze and usually call for more prep than time at the stove, and quick-simmered curries or pots of chili will not disappoint.
- Maple-Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Skillet Creamy French Mustard Chicken
- Orange Chicken and Kale Stir-Fry
- Balsamic & Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs and Figs
- Lemon Thyme Chicken Thighs
- Chorizo Chicken Chili
- Chicken Curry in a Hurry
Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Chicken Dinners
When you don't have much time to spend on dinner, look to your slow cooker or Instant Pot to do the heavy lifting. Because they're fattier than lean chicken breasts, thighs can stand up to long cook times in the slow cooker without drying out.
Forget to take that pack of thighs out of the freezer? It's gonna be okay, because they can go straight from the freezer into the Instant Pot.